Sampler Spree Sew Along (Week 6)
We’re halfway through the Sampler Spree summer sew along! I just got home from a road trip but managed to stitch a few more blocks out for this week’s post. These cute little Sampler Spree blocks all come from Susan Ache’s Sampler Spree book. It’s a pretty special book, including 100+ block designs in a 6″ finished size. Ready to see this week’s pretties?
Sampler Spree Sew Along
Here are the 3 blocks I picked out to make this week:
- Block 43 “Dots and Dashes” (page 39
- Block 56 “Maze” (page 46)
- Block 63 “Tree” (page 50)
Fabric + Layout
- Fabric: I’m sewing with Cider fabric by BasicGrey for Moda Fabrics (there’s also a tiny bit of their old Persimmon collection)
- Layout: Once I finish making my sampler blocks, I’ll set them in my scrappy leaf layout plan found here. I’ll be plugging the 6″ sampler blocks in the layout, alternating assorted prints from the Cider/Persimmon collections. This is a general mockup to give you a better idea of where these sampler blocks might be plugged in:
Want to Sew Along?
It’s never too late to join! Get all the official details of the Sampler Spree Quilt Along here (including the 10-week breakdown + bonus layout options). The group will be making 10 blocks per week in a scavenger hunt style – which means a random block assignment from the book each week in a certain color. Unfortunately, I’ve been too busy to commit to that many blocks – which is why I made my own plan making 3-4 per week instead. With a project like this, you get to make your own rules!
I should start assembling some of the sections, don’t you think?
What did you like most about this sampler spree sew along? Let me know in a comment below!