Sewcialites Quilt Along: Free Block of the Week (The Finished Quilt in Christmas Morning Fabrics)
A Christmas quilt for every bed, that’s the goal at my house – and I’m well on my way! Just finished binding my Christmas version of the Sewcialites quilt and am looking forward to decking my halls (and beds) in a few more months. Last June, I started sewing along with my friends in the Sewcialites Quilt Along hosted by Fat Quarter Shop and am so pleased with how it turned out.
Sewcialites Quilt Along
The Quilting Details
Finished block: 6″ x 6″
Finished quilt: 84-1/2″ x 84-1/2″
- Quilting: Kaitlyn Howell of Knot and Thread Designs
- Pantograph: “Chevron Tumbler Grande” by Patricia E. Ritter & Marybeth O’Halloran
- Fabric : Christmas Morning by Lella Boutique for Moda Fabrics
- Layout: the Rose in Bloom Block of the Month book’s layout pattern (shipping November 2021)
The Block Patterns
Who doesn’t love a free quilt pattern? The Sewcialites Free Block of the Week project features 36 block designs from your favorite quilters and designers in the industry! Fat Quarter Shop did such a great job putting this together. Each block pattern includes instructions to make each block in 3″, 6″, or 9″ finished block size. I decided to make (40) 6″ finished blocks (i.e. 6-1/2″ unfinished). If you’d like a closer look at my individual blocks made in Christmas Morning fabric, you can peruse my Sewcialites blog post library here! These blocks are so luscious and happy all together, don’t you think?
Now here’s where you get the patterns! I’ve put together an easy list in one place for you.
ARCHIVE – FREE Sewcialites Block Patterns:
- Block 1: Harmony by Lissa Alexander
- Block 2: Loyal by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 3: Affection by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 4: Spirited by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 5: Wisdom by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 6: Devoted by Robin Pickens
- Block 7: Kindred by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 8: Soulful by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 9: Gracious by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co.
- Block 10: Sincere by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Patterns
- Block 11: Cheer by Me & My Sister
- Block 12: Faithful by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 13: Joy by Susan Ache
- Block 14: Serenity by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 15: Genuine by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 16: Friendship by Carrie Nelson
- Block 17: Peace by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 18: Hearty by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Block 19: Unity by Lissa Alexander
- Block 20: Honor by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 21: Zest by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 22: Blessed by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 23: Steadfast by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 24: Abundant by Robin Pickens
- Block 25: Virtue by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 26: Courage by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 27: Earnest by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co
- Block 28: Hope by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Designs
- Block 29: Delight by Me & My Sister Designs
- Block 30: Gratitude by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 31: Noble by Susan Ache
- Block 32: Bright by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 33: Inspire by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 34: Passion by Carrie Nelson
- Block 35: Compassion by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 36: Kindness by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
Early on, I decided to use the Rose in Bloom layout for my Sewcialites blocks. (In case you didn’t know, Rose in Bloom is a new block of the month book featuring my Love Note collection. It will arrive in November – get the full details here.) This layout is a great way to show off 6″ finished size sampler blocks in a flower inspired design. It is easy to swap out the sampler blocks from any quilt along i.e. Sewcialites, Moda Blockheads, etc. You just need (40) sampler blocks total in the 6″ finished block size. For Sewcialites, this meant doubling up on a few of the blocks.
Sewcialite Block Color Groupings:
- 10 red blocks
- 12 green blocks
- 16 grey blocks
- 2 low volume blocks (for the flower center)
I almost forgot! I put together a full materials list for this quilt:
This makes the 7th quilt finish in Christmas Morning fabrics. I think that’s supposed to mean I’ve reached my Christmas quilt goals and yet… somehow I doubt this is the last Christmas quilt I’ll ever make! In fact, I have a feeling I’m just getting started.
Until next time, friends!
What do you like most about this quilt along? Let me know in a comment below!