Sampler Spree Quilt Along (Week 7)
Happy Wednesday! Wednesday = 3 more blocks for the Sampler Spree Quilt Along to share with you. I had a bit of a crazy week (new pattern writing, pattern testing, catching up on orders, etc.) so I haven’t gotten around to putting these blocks into my scrappy leaf layout quilt yet. (Soon! I pinky swear.) As always, these quilt block patterns can be found in Susan Ache’s Sampler Spree book. Let’s meet the newbies!
Sampler Spree Quilt Along
In numerical order:
- Block 40 “Pear” (page 37)
- Block 62 “Far West” (page 49)
- Block 68 “Mixed Nine Patch” (page 53)
Fabric + Layout
- Fabric: I’m sewing with the lovely Cider fabric by BasicGrey for Moda Fabrics
- Layout: I designed a scrappy leaf layout plan found here. I’ll be plugging the 6″ sampler blocks in the layout in the designated areas, alternated with assorted print squares. This is a general mockup since I haven’t plugged in the individual sampler block designs:
Want to Sew Along?
It’s never too late to join! Get all the official details of the Sampler Spree Quilt Along here (including the 10-week breakdown + bonus layout options). The group will be making 10 blocks per week in a scavenger hunt style – which means a random block assignment from the book each week in a certain color. I’m making 3-4 per week instead. The good news is you get to make your own rules.
Stay tuned for next week’s blocks – 3 in the golden yellow / gingerbread color. Which one is your favorite this week? Let me know in the comments. (Mine is “Pear.”)
What do you like most about this sample spree? Let me know in a comment below!