Sewcialites Quilt Along: Free Block of the Week (Block 1)
Late to the party – but finally caught up sewing blocks for the Sewcialites Quilt Along by Fat Quarter Shop. I started in the middle of the quilt along with Block 20 and finally went back to the first 19. The plan is to post my blocks one at a time (one per day). Friday will still be reserved for the new block releases. Meet Sewcialites Block #1 “Harmony” by Lissa Alexander (Moda Lissa).
Sewcialites Quilt Along Block 1
Fabric + Layout
I made Block #1 Harmony using my Christmas Morning fabric collection for Moda Fabrics (shipping July). I kept this block pretty basic–almost exclusively grey and white–but decided at the last minute to add a little pop of color in the center.
My final quilt top assembly is a secret for now–but I can tell you I’m collecting 40 blocks total. (This means I’ll be making a few of them twice.) I’m organizing my quilt blocks into color groups: 10 red + 12 green + 16 grey + 2 low volume. Can’t wait to show you more, stay tuned in the coming months.
Quilt Along to Win Prizes
Did you know you could win a fabulous prize from Fat Quarter Shop just by sewing along? It’s true! Just post a photo of your blocks each week on social media, use the hashtag #SewcialitesQAL, and tag @fatquartershop to be entered. (Make sure your posts are public). Winners are chosen every week!
Here is the full Sewcialites Quilt Along schedule + Pattern Archive:
- Block 1: Harmony by Lissa Alexander
- Block 2: Loyal by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 3: Affection by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 4: Spirited by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 5: Wisdom by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 6: Devoted by Robin Pickens
- Block 7: Kindred by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 8: Soulful by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 9: Gracious by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co.
- Block 10: Sincere by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Patterns
- Block 11: Cheer by Me & My Sister
- Block 12: Faithful by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 13: Joy by Susan Ache
- Block 14: Serenity by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 15: Genuine by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 16: Friendship by Carrie Nelson
- Block 17: Peace by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 18: Hearty by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Block 19: Unity by Lissa Alexander
- Block 20: Honor by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 21: Zest by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 22: Blessed by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 23: Steadfast by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 24: Abundant by Robin Pickens
- Block 25: Virtue by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 26: Courage by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 27: TBA by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co
- Block 28: TBA by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Designs
- Block 29: TBA by Me & My Sister Designs
- Block 30: TBA by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 31: TBA by Susan Ache
- Block 32: TBA by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 33: TBA by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 34: TBA by Carrie Nelson
- Block 35: TBA by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 36: TBA by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
What do you like most about the block 1 Sewcialites Quilt Along block? Let me know in a comment below!
AntoninaApril 17, 2021 at 8:17 pm
I love all the blocks but definitely have some favourites. I have started putting my quilt together with the lay out that was on the blog, really like the layout. I haven’t posted any on social media, will post some soon.
Found this sew along at block 20 and caught up quickly as the blocks are fun and easy to make (I am hooked).
Looking forward to finishing. Thank you so much for this sew along it has kept me sane.