Sewcialites Quilt Along: Free Block of the Week (Block 20)
One of the things I love about quilting is that there really aren’t any rules. For example, it’s halfway through the Sewcialites Quilt Along and I’m just barely starting! Anyone want to join me?
The Sewcialites Quilt Along is a free block-of-the-week program hosted by Fat Quarter Shop. There are 36 blocks total with a new block releasing every Friday until 7/2/2021. Each block can be made in 3″, 6″, or 9″ finished size options. I will be making the 6″ finished size for my blocks!
Last Friday’s release was Block 20: Honor by Lisa Bongean. I absolutely loved making this log cabin style block. I made 3 scrappy blocks–one per color.
Sewcialites Block #20
Fabric + Layout
I’m using my upcoming Christmas Morning fabric collection for Moda shipping to shops July 2021. Fat Quarter Shop has a free quilt layout for the Sewcialite Quilt Along here if you’d like to use it. I’ll be using my own layout. For my layout, I’m making 40 blocks total = 10 red + 12 green + 16 grey + 2 low volume. Once you have seen my layout, this color breakdown will make a lot more sense:
Share your blocks and get inspiration from others by visiting the Sewcialite Lounge on facebook and by using the hashtag #SewcialiteQAL on social media. Here is the full schedule of the Sewcialite Quilt Along, including links for the blocks released so far:
- Block 1: Harmony by Lissa Alexander
- Block 2: Loyal by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 3: Affection by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 4: Spirited by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 5: Wisdom by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 6: Devoted by Robin Pickens
- Block 7: Kindred by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 8: Soulful by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 9: Gracious by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co.
- Block 10: Sincere by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Patterns
- Block 11: Cheer by Me & My Sister
- Block 12: Faithful by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 13: Joy by Susan Ache
- Block 14: Serenity by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 15: Genuine by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 16: Friendship by Carrie Nelson
- Block 17: Peace by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 18: Hearty by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Block 19: Unity by Lissa Alexander
- Block 20: Honor by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 21: TBA Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 22: TBA by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 23: TBA by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 24: TBA by Robin Pickens
- Block 25: TBA by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 26: TBA by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 27: TBA by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co
- Block 28: TBA by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Designs
- Block 29: TBA by Me & My Sister Designs
- Block 30: TBA by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 31: TBA by Susan Ache
- Block 32: TBA by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 33: TBA by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 34: TBA by Carrie Nelson
- Block 35: TBA by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 36: TBA by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
Christine RudyMarch 5, 2021 at 9:33 am
Hello Vanesa:) I am a faithful viewer of Sherri and Chelsi’s Podcast, and was a pleasure to see you with your recent visit. I am a long time fan of all your fabric collections, with “Nest” being a dear favorite of mine. I am new to your blog and am very much enjoying it:) **I especially wanted to thank you for always mentioning the “design pattern” your quilter uses on each quilt. It is so helpful for me, I am a “forever sew-est” but somewhat new-ish to the quilting world. I often struggle with choosing just the right pattern before I send my quilts of to my quilter. I have spent “hours” searching for long-arm patterns, so, a treat to me when you provide that information:)!!
Thank You so very much
P.S. I am “smitten” with “Christmas Morning”! I like to make a new Christmas quilt every year, this fabric line is my next inspiration!
lellaboutiqueMarch 5, 2021 at 10:39 am
Thank you, Chris! I don’t know why I hadn’t been including the quilting pantos before, it is such great information and also gives credit to the amazing designers who come up with those. Glad you have found it helpful. Thank you for your sweet comment!