Ghost Town Halloween Quilt in Hey Boo Fabric
Welcome to Lella Boutique’s “Ghost Town!” No need to be scared–only the friendliest of ghosts reside here. Gather your creepiest fabric and spookiest thread, and prepare for a hauntingly good quilt-making experience.
This “Ghost Town” quilt features the cutest little haunted house quilt blocks mixed in with a few friendly ghosts. The haunted house blocks use a very simple construction method and have a few small pieces. The ghost blocks are made using an easy corner triangle technique to create the angles – but are also pretty easy to make. Overall, because there’s a lot going on, I consider this “intermediate” skill level. The scrappy sashing and sashing corner blocks are one of my favorite things about this layout!
You may have noticed a trend… that almost all of these new Hey Boo quilt patterns share a 16″ finished block size. You know that a sampler is going to be happening! I’m almost ready to share a peek of what I’m doing for that… I can’t help but think that even a whole quilt of haunted houses would be fun.
- Pattern: “Ghost Town” by Lella Boutique
- Fabric: Hey Boo by Lella Boutique for Moda Fabrics (shipping to shops April 2024)
- Finished Block: 16″ x 16″
- Finished Quilt: 76-1/2″ x 76-1/2″
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Quilted by: Kaitlyn at Knot and Thread Design
- Pantograph: “Flower Webs” by Melissa Kelley of Sew Shabby Quilting
The “Flower Webs” pantograph is darling. It’s not the easiest to see in the photos but the perfect Halloween design.