Sewcialites 2: (Block 18)
Happy Friday! It’s new block day for the Sewcialites 2 free block of the week! Block 18 is “Spellbound” by my friend, Robin Pickens. (This one definitely has me hypnotized with its charm.) Robin is always coming up with those wonderful color studies with each week’s block. I can’t wait to see what she comes up with this week.
This “Spellbound” block is classified as “intermediate” skill level by Fat Quarter Shop.
I’ve mocked the block up above in Country Rose fabric (in shops now). As usual, the prints are scaled to represent the 6″ finished block size. I like how the quarter-square triangle block in the center gives a pop of contrast against all the color.
The second version is mocked up in Christmas Eve fabrics (expected May 2023). Just goes to show how different these two blocks can look with placement and color.
The FREE “Spellbound” block pattern will be available to download below first on the Jolly Jabber blog – go grab it here. As soon as I get the chance, I will add the link below:
Important Sewcialites 2 Links
To sew along, check out all of these links for supplies, layout, and how to interact with other Sewcialites:
- Fat Quarter Shop’s rundown on Sewcialites 2
- Running Archive of Block Patterns for Sewcialites 2
- The Sewcialites 2 Information Packet
- Fat Quarter Shop’s YouTube channel (free tutorials on each block)
- The Sewcialites Lounge on Facebook
- See Lella Boutique’s version of the Sewcialites 2 blocks