Sewcialites 2: (Block 19)
Happy Friday! iIt’s new block day for the Sewcialites 2 free block of the week! Block 19 is “Invigorate” by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts.
This “Invigorate” block is so pretty and reminds be of a flower – just in time for spring around the corner. It’s classified as “intermediate” skill level by Fat Quarter Shop and is made using a combination of half-square triangle and easy corner triangle techniques.
The first block is mocked up in Country Rose fabric (in shops now) and is scaled to represent the 6″ finished block size. Love the simplicity of this block as it can really showcase the fabric.
The second version is mocked up in Christmas Eve fabrics (expected May 2023).
Important Sewcialites 2 Links
To sew along, check out all of these links for supplies, layout, and how to interact with other Sewcialites:
- Fat Quarter Shop’s rundown on Sewcialites 2
- Block Archive of the free patterns
- The Sewcialites 2 Information Packet
- Fat Quarter Shop’s YouTube channel (free tutorials on each block)
- The Sewcialites Lounge on Facebook
- See Lella Boutique’s version of the Sewcialites 2 blocks