Sewcialites 2: (Block 16)
Happy Friday! iIt’s new block day for the Sewcialites 2 free block of the week! Block 16 is “Christmas Star” by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts.
This “Christmas Star” block has a lot of little pieces going on. It’s classified as “experienced” skill level by Fat Quarter Shop. You can bring out different shapes within the design based on your fabric choice, it’s a really fun block to play with.
The first block is mocked up in Country Rose fabric (in shops now) and is scaled to represent the 6″ finished block size.
The second version is mocked up in Christmas Eve fabrics (expected May 2023).
The FREE “Christmas Star” block pattern will be available to download below first on the Jolly Jabber blog – go grab it here. Once I see that Fat Quarter Shop has released the pattern, I will add the link below:
Important Sewcialites 2 Links
To sew along, check out all of these links for supplies, layout, and how to interact with other Sewcialites:
- Fat Quarter Shop’s rundown on Sewcialites 2
- Archive of the Free Patterns
- The Sewcialites 2 Information Packet
- Fat Quarter Shop’s YouTube channel (free tutorials on each block)
- The Sewcialites Lounge on Facebook
- See Lella Boutique’s version of the Sewcialites 2 blocks