Charm Pack quilts Free Patterns Love Note fabric Videos

FREE Chandelier Quilt Pattern + Video Tutorial

Popping in to share this adorable version of the Chandelier quilt made by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co. Chandelier is a FREE charm pack pattern – and originates from my book: Charm School – 18 Quilts from 5″ Squares. Jenny used Love Note fabric to make hers – and even added a border to frame it with the sweet “Rose in Bloom” print. It is definitely one of my favorite versions I’ve seen. Makes me want to drop everything and make one now!

Chandelier charm pack quilt in Love Note fabric by Lella Boutique. FREE PDF pattern. Original pattern found in Vanessa's book: Charm School - 18 Quilts from 5" Squares
Chanderlier charm pack quilt pattern by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique

If you know Jenny, you know she is a fantastic teacher. She put together this amazing YouTube video tutorial on how to make the Chandelier quilt using my free pattern. I hope you’ll give it a watch and see just how easy it is to make this quilt.

To access the Chandelier pattern instructions, I’ve included a link below:

Just keep in mind – if you decide to add a border, this will require some adjustments to backing, batting, and binding fabric requirements! If you make a Chandelier quilt, be sure to share on social media with the hashtags #ChandelierQuilt #LellaBoutique and #CharmSchoolQuilts.

If you’ve enjoyed this pattern (and are a fan of charm pack patterns in general), check out the other 17 patterns included in my Charm School book.

Charm School - 18 Quilts from 5" Squares by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique.

One of the best things about this quilt is it looks great in any fabric line. What fabric will you use for yours?

FREE Chandelier quilt pattern by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique. Video tutorial by Jenny Doan of MSQC. Jenny added a border and used Love Note fabric by Lella Boutique
Jenny Doan’s version of the FREE Chandelier pattern by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique. Photo from Missouri Star Quilt Co.

9 Comments

1. Sharon Starr

January 20, 2022 at 7:36 am

Thank you for this pattern! I watched Jenny’s video and loved the pattern. I am completing the Rose in Bloom QAL so will find another fabric for this quilt. Love all that you do!

2. Donna

January 20, 2022 at 11:29 am

Thank you for sharing this beautiful pattern. I was thinking of using mini charms for the corners and a Jellyroll for the stripes and then using a dark background. We shall see I’m new at quilting and not to go at cutting fabrics correctly.
    I have purchased the book so I can make more of your patterns.

3. Kathy

January 20, 2022 at 5:40 pm

Thank you for being so kind to share such a delightful pattern on your blog. Yes Jenny is a very good teacher and explains it all so well. I think your Love Notes collection is your best one yet but I say that about all of yours as I see them. Keep up the beautiful work you do.

4. Sherry

January 26, 2022 at 8:19 am

I made your Chandelier quilt from your book that I got at my local library. Love the quilt! My daughters both want it so I’ll have to make another. I added a 9 inch navy blue border and it’s spectacular.

1. lellaboutique

January 27, 2022 at 7:54 am

That sounds wonderful! I love it with the addition of a border, really frames it in nicely. 🙂

5. Linda 94000 Ludwig

February 17, 2022 at 10:10 pm

Is there a way I could get additional detailed instructions on finishing the quilt I am stuck on finishing the placement of the how they go in the quilt. Jenny’s version says to put all rows together which i have done. need help. thanks alot
    I want to complete this quilt, just love it.

6. Carol J

March 14, 2022 at 8:36 am

I’d like to make a smaller version for a baby quilt. Any suggestions? Thank-you very much! 🌹

1. lellaboutique

March 15, 2022 at 6:22 pm

Yep, you could just make fewer blocks and nix a column and/or a row. It just depends on the exact size you’re going for. Of course, that would also probably mean a few less side triangles. Hope that helps!