Sewcialites Quilt Along: Free Block of the Week (Block 15)
The next block of the Sewcialites Quilt Along by Fat Quarter Shop is here. I’m almost caught up with all the blocks and am posting one everyday. Block 15 is “Genuine” by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet.
Sewcialites Quilt Along Block 15
Fabric + Layout
I love the big pieces in this block. It’s really perfect for showing off any fabric prints you want to emphasize. The fabric is from my upcoming Christmas Morning collection for Moda Fabrics (due to arrive July 2021). I’m making 40 blocks total and organizing them into color groups: 10 red blocks + 12 green blocks + 16 grey blocks + 2 light/low volume blocks.
The Quilt Along Prizes
You could win a fabulous prize from Fat Quarter Shop for sewing along in the Sewcialites Quilt Along. Just post a photo of your blocks each week, use the hashtag #SewcialitesQAL, and tag @fatquartershop to be entered. (Make sure your posts are public). Weekly winners chosen.
Here is the full Sewcialites Quilt Along schedule + Pattern Archive:
- Block 1: Harmony by Lissa Alexander
- Block 2: Loyal by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 3: Affection by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 4: Spirited by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 5: Wisdom by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 6: Devoted by Robin Pickens
- Block 7: Kindred by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 8: Soulful by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 9: Gracious by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co.
- Block 10: Sincere by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Patterns
- Block 11: Cheer by Me & My Sister
- Block 12: Faithful by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 13: Joy by Susan Ache
- Block 14: Serenity by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 15: Genuine by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 16: Friendship by Carrie Nelson
- Block 17: Peace by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 18: Hearty by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Block 19: Unity by Lissa Alexander
- Block 20: Honor by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 21: Zest by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 22: Blessed by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 23: Steadfast by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 24: Abundant by Robin Pickens
- Block 25: Virtue by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 26: Courage by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 27: Earnest by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co
- Block 28: Hope by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Designs
- Block 29: Delight by Me & My Sister Designs
- Block 30: TBA by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 31: TBA by Susan Ache
- Block 32: TBA by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 33: TBA by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 34: TBA by Carrie Nelson
- Block 35: TBA by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 36: TBA by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
What is your favorite thing about block 15? Let me know in a comment below.
Which Sewcialites quilt along block do you like the most? Let us know in a comment below!