Sewcialites Quilt Along: Free Block of the Week (Block 6)
Ooh la la, it’s another quilt block of the Sewcialites Quilt Along by Fat Quarter Shop. You know the drill – I started the quilt along a little late and am finally catching up and sharing the blocks with you. I’m posting one block every day (besides the Friday, which is reserved for the new block release of the week) until I catch up. Block 6 is “Devoted” by Robin Pickens.
Sewcialites Quilt Along Block 6
Fabric + Layout
Keep it simple, they say. Well that’s what I did here. If you’ve been following along, you know I’m making 40 blocks total for my quilt top layout (36 Sewcialites blocks+ 4 duplicates) and dividing them into 4 color groups for a total of 10 red blocks + 12 green blocks + 16 grey blocks + 2 low volume blocks. Block 6 is obviously going into the “red” pile. It’s a lot of little half-square triangles–the secret, as I’ve mentioned before, is to never skip trimming the half-square triangles. Fabric is my Christmas Morning fabric collection for Moda Fabrics (shipping July).
The Quilt Along Prizes
You could win a fabulous prize from Fat Quarter Shop for sewing along in the Sewcialites Quilt Along. Just post a photo of your blocks each week, use the hashtag #SewcialitesQAL, and tag @fatquartershop to be entered. (Make sure your posts are public). Winners are selected weekly, it could be you!
Here is the full Sewcialites Quilt Along schedule + Pattern Archive:
- Block 1: Harmony by Lissa Alexander
- Block 2: Loyal by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 3: Affection by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 4: Spirited by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 5: Wisdom by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 6: Devoted by Robin Pickens
- Block 7: Kindred by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 8: Soulful by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 9: Gracious by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co.
- Block 10: Sincere by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Patterns
- Block 11: Cheer by Me & My Sister
- Block 12: Faithful by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 13: Joy by Susan Ache
- Block 14: Serenity by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 15: Genuine by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 16: Friendship by Carrie Nelson
- Block 17: Peace by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 18: Hearty by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Block 19: Unity by Lissa Alexander
- Block 20: Honor by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 21: Zest by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 22: Blessed by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 23: Steadfast by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 24: Abundant by Robin Pickens
- Block 25: Virtue by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 26: Courage by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 27: TBA by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co
- Block 28: TBA by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Designs
- Block 29: TBA by Me & My Sister Designs
- Block 30: TBA by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 31: TBA by Susan Ache
- Block 32: TBA by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 33: TBA by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 34: TBA by Carrie Nelson
- Block 35: TBA by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 36: TBA by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
What is your favorite thing about block 6? Let me know in a comment below.
Jan WhiteApril 22, 2021 at 9:07 am
Vanessa – I am excitedly awaiting the release of Cristmas Morning!! Your blocks are stunning in this line and are such a tease!! Thank you for sharing!
Susan SaloApril 22, 2021 at 3:25 pm
Oh, Vanessa! You have sold me on your fabric line and now I’m going to order it! This will be lovely!