Sewcialites Quilt Along: Free Block of the Week (Block 28)
Friday = time for a new block for the Sewcialites Quilt Along by Fat Quarter Shop. Woohoo! Block 28 is “Hope” by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Patterns. (I sure love her brain.) And did you know that April and I got hired by Moda at the same time?! It’s true. We’ve shared this fabric designing journey from the beginning so it’s made for a very special friendship. I have always loved how her designs are so outside-the-box. Today’s block was no exception.
Sewcialites Quilt Along Block 28
The Fabric + Layout
As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I’m using my upcoming Christmas Morning fabric collection for Moda (shipping May). I’m making 40 Sewcialites blocks total (a few extras) and dividing them into groups by color: 10 red blocks + 12 green blocks + 16 silver/grey blocks + 2 low volume blocks. I keep them organized in their color groups since they will be grouped together in the final quilt layout. Today’s block belongs to the “red” pile; to make it stand out from its other red friends, I used the grey “Comfort” print for the background. I prefer the grey in this case vs a white background because I don’t want the square shape of the block to disappear.
Are you Quilting Along?
Share your Sewcialites quilt blocks using the hashtag #SewcialitesQAL. You could win a fabulous prize from Fat Quarter Shop by sharing your blocks on Instagram–be sure to tag them in your post to enter to win.
Here is the full Sewcialites Quilt Along schedule + Pattern Archive:
- Block 1: Harmony by Lissa Alexander
- Block 2: Loyal by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 3: Affection by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 4: Spirited by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 5: Wisdom by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 6: Devoted by Robin Pickens
- Block 7: Kindred by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 8: Soulful by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 9: Gracious by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co.
- Block 10: Sincere by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Patterns
- Block 11: Cheer by Me & My Sister
- Block 12: Faithful by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 13: Joy by Susan Ache
- Block 14: Serenity by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 15: Genuine by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 16: Friendship by Carrie Nelson
- Block 17: Peace by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 18: Hearty by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Block 19: Unity by Lissa Alexander
- Block 20: Honor by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Block 21: Zest by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Block 22: Blessed by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Block 23: Steadfast by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Block 24: Abundant by Robin Pickens
- Block 25: Virtue by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Block 26: Courage by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
- Block 27: Earnest by Vanessa Christenson of V & Co
- Block 28: Hope by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Designs
- Block 29: TBA by Me & My Sister Designs
- Block 30: TBA by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Block 31: TBA by Susan Ache
- Block 32: TBA by Chelsi Stratton
- Block 33: TBA by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
- Block 34: TBA by Carrie Nelson
- Block 35: TBA by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Block 36: TBA by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
What do you like most about this Sewcialites Quilt Along block? Let us know in a comment below!