“Iconic” Layer Cake Quilt
Happy hump day. Today’s new quilt features a simple-modern backdrop to put a spotlight on Layer Cake squares. Say hello to “Iconic.” (I may or may not be plotting a charm pack version version already.) Get ready to put your favorite prints front and center in this one.
It doesn’t get much easier than this quilt; “Iconic” is beginner friendly and a real quickie to put together. This is one of those quilts that looks great in any collection. In fact, the hardest part may just be choosing the accent color you use for the background.
My good friend (and pattern tester) Susan @ The Felted Pear is a total peach and pieced AND quilted AND bound this one for me.
- Pattern: “Iconic” by Lella Boutique
- Fabric: Lovestruck by Lella Boutique for Moda Fabrics (November delivery). Grey accent fabric is Moda Bella Solid #9900 170 “Etchings Slate.”
- Finished Block: 13″ x 13″
- Finished Quilt: 78-1/2″ x 78-1/2″
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Pieced by: Susan Vaughan @ the felted pear
- Quilting: Susan Vaughan @ the felted pear
- Pantograph: “Abstract Butterfly” by Karlee Porter
What fabric would you use for this one?