Sewcialites 2: (Block 21)
And just like that – I’m a week behind. (I just realized I missed the post from last Friday.) I had the chance to go see Taylor Swift perform in Las Vegas so my mind was elsewhere the days leading up to it. (Worth it.) The featured block for last week of Sewcialites 2 is simple and sweet. Block 21 is “Dapper” by Jane Davidson of Quilt Jane.
This “Dapper” block is a treat because of its simplicity. It’s classified as “beginner” skill level by Fat Quarter Shop and will probably be the quickest one to make.
The first block is mocked up in Country Rose fabric (in shops now) and is scaled to represent the 6″ finished block size. Definitely a ray of sunshine in those buttery yellow prints.
The second version is mocked up in Christmas Eve fabrics (expected May 2023).
The FREE “Dapper” block pattern is always released first on the Jolly Jabber blog. Here’s a direct link to the free block pattern:
Important Sewcialites 2 Links
To sew along, check out all of these links for supplies, layout, and how to interact with other Sewcialites:
- Fat Quarter Shop’s rundown on Sewcialites 2
- Archive of the FREE block patterns
- The Sewcialites 2 Information Packet
- Fat Quarter Shop’s YouTube channel (free tutorials on each block)
- The Sewcialites Lounge on Facebook
- See Lella Boutique’s version of the Sewcialites 2 blocks
Leave a Reply