July’s $5 Pattern of the Month: By the Chimney
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… in July. This month’s $5 quilt pattern deal happens to be one of my very first Christmas patterns! It’s called By the Chimney and features festive little Christmas stocking blocks. It was inspired by this totally gorgeous collection from BasicGrey called Juniper Berry.
About the Quilt
By the Chimney is what I would consider friendly to all skill levels from confident beginner and up. It uses an easy corner triangle technique to create the shapes and comes together in a jiffy. Just choose (15) fat eighths for the stocking bodies + (4) fat eighths for the stocking cuffs.
- Pattern: By the Chimney by Lella Boutique ($5 in July 2022)
- Fabric: Juniper Berry by BasicGrey for Moda Fabrics
- Pieced by: Christine Cook
- Quilted by: Abby Latimer of Latimer Lane Quilts
- Pantograph: “Flurry” by Willow Leaf Studio
Do you like to sew Christmas projects in July? Let me know in the comments below.
Don’t miss out on a single post.
Drop your email address below to get new post notifications for the Lella Boutique blog.