Sampler Spree Sew Along (Week 5)
It’s the halfway mark for the Sampler Spree summer sew along! Hard to believe! I really enjoy making a few of these 6″ sampler blocks each week. If you would like to join in and make a Sampler Spree quilt, all you need is a copy of Susan Ache’s Sampler Spree book to get started!
Sampler Spree Sew Along
As you may know, I am making 3 blocks a week. Here are the blocks I made this week:
- Block 50 “Apple Pie” (page 43)
- Block 57 “Checkers” (page 46)
- Block 59 “Arbor Way” (page 47)
Fabric + Layout
- Fabric: I’m sewing with Cider fabric by BasicGrey for Moda Fabrics (there’s also a tiny bit of their old Persimmon collection)
- Layout: Once I finish making my sampler blocks, I’ll set them in my scrappy leaf layout plan found here. I’ll be plugging the 6″ sampler blocks in the layout, alternating assorted prints from the Cider/Persimmon collections. This is a general mockup to give you a better idea of where these sampler blocks might be plugged in:
Want to Sew Along?
It’s never too late to join! Get all the official details of the Sampler Spree Quilt Along here (including the 10-week breakdown + bonus layout options). The group will be making 10 blocks per week in a scavenger hunt style – which means a random block assignment from the book each week in a certain color. Unfortunately, I’ve been too busy to commit to that many blocks – which is why I made my own plan making 3-4 per week instead. With a project like this, you get to make your own rules!
What do you like most about these Sampler Spree quilting blocks? Let me know in a comment below!
Patti MacJuly 14, 2021 at 8:53 am
Your blocks and layout are just unique and beautiful! Thanks for the fun read today
Vicki WayneJuly 14, 2021 at 11:18 pm
I love that you said, “ With a project like this, you get to make your own rules”! I knew I wanted to do this but got bogged down in the number of blocks per week and ended up not doing anything the first four weeks. I finally resolved to select ONE BLOCK each week I like and make that one. I’m now caught up and on track plus I can continue with my other projects! YAY!
Linda MahoneyJuly 15, 2021 at 7:40 am
I can’t wait to try the Lovey Dovey pattern! I want to make a sample block. I hope the Christmas Morning fabric comes out soon. Thanks for a great pattern!