Evergreen Mystery Quilt Along: Week 5
Here to share Week 5 of the FREE Christmas sew along with Fat Quarter Shop. It’s called the Evergreen Mystery Quilt and Cross Stitch Along. I couldn’t sew along due to other deadlines but wanted to at least share the digital mockups in Christmas Eve fabric.
About the Quilt Along
The Evergreen Mystery Quilt Along is a free row-of-the-week project that results in a festive little wall hanging. Finished quilt size is 31.5″ x 37.5″. The project is Layer Cake friendly; for a full materials list, visit here. Fat Quarter Shop is making theirs in Sherri & Chelsi’s cute new line, Favorite Things, and is offering kits HERE for anyone who wants one.
If you want to make one in Christmas Eve fabric, here’s what I’m using:
- 1-1/4 yards background fabric (Moda Bella #9900 284 “Charcoal”)
- 3/4 yard tree print (5187 15 “Merry Dot” in Pine green)
- 1 fat quarter accent tree print (5187 14 “Merry Dot” in Sage green)
- 1 Layer Cake of Christmas Eve (12 squares 10″ x 10″)
- 1/2 yard binding (5186 16 “Jolly Stripe” in Cranberry red)
- 1-1/3 yards backing fabric – or the rest of the Layer Cake squares for a scrappy backing
Week 5: Finishing
Now that we’ve sewn all 4 rows, it’s time to bring them together and add a border. Get the full instructions from Fat Quarter Shop’s site by using the link below:
Here’s a breakdown of rows 1-4. You can get the free pattern by clicking on any giving row’s image.
For more information about the Evergreen Mystery Quilt Along, visit Fat Quarter Shop’s blog post here. You may remember their gorgeous All the Trimmings Mystery quilt from a couple years ago using Christmas Morning fabric. (It’s another free quilt along and just absolutely gorgeous. If you missed out on that one, you could definitely revisit it using Christmas Eve fabric to get a similar look.)