Fast & Fun Lap Quilts Book Tour
I’ve got something special for you today. It’s my turn to share a quilt from Melissa Corry’s fabulous new book: Fast & Fun Lap Quilts (Martingale Publishing). It’s a great pattern book featuring 9 quick quilts made with Layer Cakes (10″ squares). The book is available now – check in with your favorite local or online shop to grab a copy. (I’ve also seen them for sale on Amazon here.) Be sure to read to the end of this post for a super fun G I V E A W A Y!
“Aurora” Quilt Details
The quilt I’m highlighting is called “Aurora.” I haven’t had any time to stitch it up, but I loved mocking it up in my upcoming collection, Christmas Eve (arriving May 2023). Here are a few details about this one:
- Finished block: 18″ x 18″
- Finished quilt: 68″ x 68″
- Fabric: Christmas Eve by Lella Boutique for Moda Fabrics (arriving May 2023)
- Pattern: “Aurora” from Fast & Fun Lap Quilts by Melissa Corry
Isn’t it a lovely star block?! I love Melissa’s brain. To make this quilt in Christmas Eve fabric, I’ve put together a quick list of what you would need. (Shops are still able to place orders for this collection, so you may want to reach out to your local quilt shop now – this collection WILL sell out when it arrives May 2023.)
- 1 Layer Cake of Christmas Eve (33 squares 10″ x 10″)
- 4-1/8 yards white background (SKU 5187 21)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric (SKU 5182 16)
- 4-1/8 yards backing fabric (I’d recommend 5181 11)
- 74″ x 74″ batting
Thanks to Moda Fabrics, I’m giving away 1 Layer Cake of Christmas Eve fabric to 1 lucky individual. Of course, this is prize is * E X T R A S P E C I A L * (i.e. rare) since Christmas Eve won’t be in shops until May 2023!
- Leave a comment telling me which quilt is your favorite from the Fast & Fun Lap Quilts book. (You can see all of the quilts in Melissa’s blog post here).
Winner will be announced 11.2.2022. ***UPDATE*** Congrats Lynda Eickhoff!