June Bug Layer Cake Quilt in Love Note Fabric
The countdown is on – just a little over a week untiul I can show you brand new fabric! Until then, let’s swoon a little over this quilt I just finished binding. It’s the June Bug quilt – an older design that recently got a new look in Love Note fabric. These colors are making my heart skip a beat!
A Word About June Bug
Never underestimate simple designs – they can often be the most impactful eye candy! June Bug is one of these and is made with a simple combination of half-square triangles + squares + rectangles. There are 2 different blocks to make; as you can see, one is the inverse of the other and the orientation is alternated. I would consider this to belong in the beginner skill level category. Make it with a Layer Cake (precut 10″ squares) or 13 fat quarters. The hardest part may be picking a favorite print for a border!
Finished block: 12″ x 12″
Finished quilt: 68½” x 68½”
• 1 Layer Cake (38 squares 10″ x 10″) of Love Note fabric
• 2¼ yards background fabric (SKU 5155-21 “Lovey Dots” in Cloud color)
• 1¼ yards border fabric (SKU 5154-12 “Herringbone” in Dusty Sky blue color)
• 4½ yards backing fabric (SKU 5151-12 “Sweet Daisy” in Dusty Sky blue color)
• ⅝ yard binding fabric (SKU 5153-14 “Distressed Stripes” in Grass green color)
• 78” x 78” batting
- Pattern: June Bug by Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique (available as a PDF download or printed booklet)
- Fabric: Love Note by Lella Boutique for Moda Fabrics (anticipated Nov. 2021)
- Pieced by: Miriam Rawson & Vanessa Goertzen
- Quilted by: Kaitlyn Howell of Knot and Thread Design
- Pantograph: “Leafy Bloom” by Jessica at Threaded Quilting
I’ve got something fun in store next week, keep your eye out on Instagram and Facebook for more info.
Julie B.September 22, 2021 at 3:27 pm
This fabric is stunning wherever you put it, and I really like it with the June Bug pattern!
Susan SaloSeptember 22, 2021 at 8:33 pm
I love these colors- so similar to NEST, which is one of my favorites! The pattern works well with this fabric.
TammySeptember 23, 2021 at 7:10 am
Your quilts are so very lovely. Thank you for sharing pictures and patterns with us! I am currently making your Cottage Blossoms quilt with Harvest Road and some of your yellow fabrics, and I just completed a Forest Drive quilt with Folktale. I loved working with those colors and fabrics : ) And June Bug is a great pattern that I may need to purchase!
Jan B.September 23, 2021 at 8:48 am
Absolutely gorgeous fabric! Can’t wait till we can purchase. Especially love it in this June Bug pattern!
Linda PSeptember 23, 2021 at 5:06 pm
June Bug looks like such a fun pattern to sew and I already love the fabric and can’t wait for my kit to arrive!!!